Skip Navigation

'Genocide Is Not Over,' Amnesty Leader Says as Israel Keeps Bombing Gaza

'Genocide Is Not Over,' Amnesty Leader Says as Israel Keeps Bombing Gaza | Common Dreams

Underscoring the conclusion of a new Amnesty International briefing, Middle East Eye reported Thursday that “Israeli aircraft launched a series of raids on the al-Tuffah and al-Shuja’iyya neighborhoods, east of Gaza City,” and conducted strikes on Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip, despite the ceasefire deal between Israel and Hamas that took effect on October 10.

Gaza medical sources said that as of Wednesday, at least 69,799 Palestinians had been killed and another 170,972 injured since Israel launched a genocidal assault after the Hamas-led October 7, 2023, attack—though global researchers have warned the actual toll is likely far higher. Since the ceasefire began last month, Israeli forces have killed at least 352 people and injured 896.

Comments

2